Thursday 21 June 2012

Revlon Lip Butters - Review & Swatches



Oh yes. For months on end I have seen the U.S beauty gurus and bloggers rave on about the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters and I have been eagerly anticipating the release over here in the U.K ever since. So when they were finally released in the U.K, I kind of, maybe, accidently, perhaps, unknowingly, sort of.....bought half the collection.

They combine the buildable colour of a lipstick with the moisturising properties of a balm. Perfect for anyone who has been weary about taking the plunge and purchasing a full on statement lipstick. 


A total of 14 have been released in the U.K and they retail at £7.99. The packaging is reminiscent of the Dior Addict Lipbalms with the translucent covers and the mirror finish bullets in which the product itself is contained.


Being a girl who sways more towards tinted lipbalms I highly recommend these, they are worth the hype and I will definitely be repurchasing. 

Price: *****
Longeivity: ****
Quality *****
Colour Range:*****

Cons:
Only a small amount of product in the packaging
Applying too much pressure on application can smush the product




(L-R Lollipop, Cotton Candy, Pink Truffle, Berry Smoothie, Strawberry Shortcake, Raspberry Pie and Sweet Tart)

09 Sweet Tart:
A medium to full coverage cool toned pink lip butter. My favourite everyday lip butter for a flush of youthfulness on my lips against my NC45 skin tone.


             

075 Lollipop:
 A medium to full coverage cool toned fushia lip butter with fine iridescent violet shimmer. One of my favourites again for a buildable going out lip.




Cotton Candy :
A sheer to medium cool toned baby pink with fine gold shimmer. A really pretty nude for lighter skin tones. This tends to give me an erased lip look, not my kind of style but I like to wear it under/over other glosses/tinted lip balms



 

010 Raspberry Pie:
A medium to full coverage deep raspberry lip butter. A beautiful statement lip on a NC45 skin tone



05 Berry Smoothie:
A sheer to medium coverage berry lip butter with fine pink shimmer. A, "my lips but better" shade.

 






001: Pink Truffle:
A dark dusky rose with brown undertones, a perfect nude colour for darker skin tones. I think this colour tends to wash me out but I like to mix it with other colours.






080 Strawberry Shortcake:
A sheer to medium coverage pale bubblegum pink with blue undertones and fine shimmer. Again washes me out but nice to mix with other colours.





GlitterButton Rating: 4/5 
(Only because I would have like a little bit more product and as they are so soft I get through them REALLY quickly!)

What's your favourite lip product? Any suggestions on what I should try next? Leave your suggestions down below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment