Thursday 28 June 2012

Neutrogena Visibly Clear - Review


Every girl inevitably has some form of facial care routine in the morning. I know some girls have an entire selection of products which could probably put a department store to shame, I on the other hand have no time nor patience in the morning to be lathering layer upon layer of different concoctions onto the facial region. I'm usually running around screaming like a banshee at the thought of delays on the underground and prospect of turning up late to work (my job involves at lot of clock watching and time keeping, even the thought of a 1 minute delay to the start of the day gives me palpitations) 


So say hello to my two little morning friends! I have oily to combination skin and have always struggled with the occasional breakout. As I have mentioned before I tend to steer away from oil inclusive products and the oil-free combination below have been a kind miracle to the skin. Since using these two I have noticed a reduction in oil in my t zone are and break outs clear rapidly and ocur less frequently (I mainly get the odd pimple on my cheeks)


Daily facial routine.

Let's start with the face wash/mask. Getting straight to the point; it's THICK! It's clay-based so it sinks right into the pores and draws out any impurities. There's no conventional foam or bubbles with this bad boy which personally I prefer. I wet my face before applying this and gentle rub into the skin for about a minute and wash off. Simples! On days where my face needs a bit of extra TLC ( i.e. numerous amounts of blemishes which should technically be charged rent for their stay) I use this as a facial mask before going to sleep, it soothes the skins and by the morning any redness and unevenness of the skin texture would have remarkably subsided.

 It has a pleasant scent and is smooth to apply on the face. It also easily rinses off. The only downside I find it doesn't rinse off my eye make up well. I tend to have ring of kohl/mascara residue encircling the margins of my lids after use which I have to remove using my make up remover (Review for Garnier Simple essetinal 2 in 1 make-up remover coming soon!)

Top: Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2-in-1 Face Wash/Mask
Botton: Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil-Free Moisturiser

On to the moisturiser. My main struggle when trying to find a new moisturiser in formulation. I don't want something that is too thick that it takes forever to absorb into my skin nor something that is too light that its doesn't provide lasting moisturisation. Neutrogena have hit the nail on the head with this, is is fast absorbing and acts as a great base for my foundation. Once the cream is applied I find it absorbs to a semi matte finish and doesn't leave that greasy sheen some creams tend to. It's mildly scented and leaves the skin feeling refreshed with a menthol zing! Neutrogena claim it's, "Microclear technology" helps to even skin tone and fade marks. I have found that since using this product my skin tone has evened out but I don't know whether the cream is accountable or if it is due to my religious of Bio-Oil (Again, review coming very soon!)


Overall this duo works synergistically to provide results that I look for in a face wash and cream : Lasting moisturisation, oil-free, blemish-reducing, evens skin tone and texture. It's a hassle free face routine.


I buy mine from Boots who occasionally do a 2 for £5 offer on Neutrogena products. They individually retail at:


Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil-Free Moisturiser 50ml: £4.60
Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2 in 1 Wash and Mask 150ml: £3.99


Leave a comment if you've tried these and what your thoughts were. Do you guys have any other reccomendations for a new face wash/cream I can try? Leave all suggestions down below :)


Glitter Button rating 5/5


1 comment:

  1. LOVE the review! I think I'm going to purchase this now. :) xx

    www.theprettylilthingsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete